[Lazarus] Online Package Manager

DougC doug at moosemail.net
Fri Mar 31 13:03:55 CEST 2017

Seems to me you should have at minimum 3 status for packages:

New - Not yet installed but available in repository

Updated - Already installed but a new version is in repository

Up-To-Date - Already installed and installed version is same as in repository

Using "new" for both "not yet installed" and "installed but with available updates" is confusing.

---- On Wed, 29 Mar 2017 07:37:37 -0400 Balázs Székely via Lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote ----

Online Package Manager shows the packages with "new" icon if the latest

 release time was in the given number of days, but shows them with normal

 icon if they are older than that days regardless if they are up-to-date

 or not.

 I my opinion:

 - It would be better to show up-to-date packages with normal icon

 and

 - Show all packages with "new" icon if their last release is newer than

 the installed one...

The idea was to notify the user if something has changed in the main repository. With your method non-installed packages wouldn't show up as "new" packages. For example if a completely new package is added to the main repository, you cannot see it as new, which is not optimal in my opinion.Beside if a new update is available a bold NEW text appears in the update column(see attachment).