[Lazarus] Managing Packages with many versions

Marcos Douglas B. Santos md at delfire.net
Fri Mar 31 17:11:36 CEST 2017

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 11:54 AM, Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus <
lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> Put the various versions  in different directories. The IDE will use the
> correct one based on the dependencies and the location. Every version
> needs to have been opened once in the IDE.
>
> I use it all the time. Works fine, except some rather exotic error messages
> if the IDE doesn't find a matching version.

That is a way, thanks.
But I am thinking something like bellow:

smartfoo
  \lib
    \i386-win32\
      \1.0
      \1.1
      \1.2.3
      *.ppu (trunk)
    \x86_64-win64
      \1.0
      *.ppu (trunk)

My point is each project just use PPU files, not the real sources because I
would like
to have just one source.
The correct way is the author freeze the version using a label, but I can
do this myself locally. Then, I can compile and copy the PPU files for the
right lib\<plataform>\<version>.

But using this way I will need to set up which path to use when I add a
package into the project, right?
What do you think about it?

Marcos Douglas