[Lazarus] Online Package Manager

Balázs Székely getmem1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 19:21:35 CEST 2017

> @DougC
> Seems to me you should have at minimum 3 status for packages:
> New - Not yet installed but available in repository
> Updated - Already installed but a new version is in repository
> Up-To-Date - Already installed and installed version is same as in
> repository
> Using "new" for both "not yet installed" and "installed but with available
> updates" is confusing.

Thank you for the suggestions. I agree, the whole system is somewhat
confusing, especially if you take into account that the packages can also be
updated from the maintainers webpage. I did my best to explain how it works:
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Online_Package_Manager#Difference_between_download.2Finstall.2Fupdate

> @Alexey
> it would be very good, if all Json files, for components,
> will be hosted on one Github repo. Now they are distributed
> (on NNN servers, etc).
> You can make repo for them.

We did try to move all the json to one place, however some of the developers
prefer GitHub, others BitBucket or SourceForge. It's very hard to convince
somebody to move just for the sake of OPM.