[Lazarus] Online Package Manager

Balázs Székely getmem1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 20:43:48 CEST 2017

@Alexey
Ok. Let's assume for a moment we move everything to GitHub. First I write to
every single developer and ask them to make a GitHub account. By some
miracle, everyone agrees and suddenly we are on GitHub. What would be the
benefits? Until now I did not have to deal with the external json files, it
was the package maintainer job to maintain those jsons. If we implement your
idea I have one more GitHub account to take care of, which is not a big deal
if there is a clear benefit like:
- OPM becomes faster
- it's more easier to maintain
etc..