[Lazarus] Making sources compatible with Delphi (but Lazarus is priority)

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Wed May 3 11:21:18 CEST 2017

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 11:52 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus
> At least EMBT is heading in the right direction with their
> Linux Delphi compiler - they completely removed AnsiString.

I must agree with you. I hope it will be removed in (far) future when
nobody uses the old Windows system codepages any more.
Windows already supports Unicode in everything ... except for console
output! Why is that?

Anyway, please let's leave out encoding supremacy issues now.
My point has been that our Unicode solution makes the encoding issues
irrelevent. It is almost compatible at source level despite the
different encodings.
Think how improbable that is, yet it works.
See also the encoding agnostic support provided by LazUnicode.

Encoding does not matter any more, as long as it is Unicode.

Juha