[Lazarus] Making sources compatible with Delphi (but Lazarus is priority)

Fri May 5 11:06:53 CEST 2017

On 2017-05-05 07:43, Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus wrote:
> As far as I know, you don't need any tricks to work with unicode
> filenames or output in 3.0.2. Maybe with exception of TStrings and
> TFileStream.

Again, I didn't have time to follow FPC 3.x development much, and I was too
confused with all the Unicode changes.

With FPC 3.0.x, can you now load text files from disk using TStringList and
specify the encoding of the file at load time?

Something like:

  sl.LoadFromFile('some_utf8_file.txt', CP_UTF8);
  sl.LoadFromFile('some_utf16_file.txt', CP_UTF16);
  sl.LoadFromFile('some_latin1_file.txt', CP_Latin1);

etc

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/