[Lazarus] Making sources compatible with Delphi (but Lazarus is priority)

Fri May 5 11:13:26 CEST 2017

On 2017-05-05 09:31, Kostas Michalopoulos via Lazarus wrote:
> After all, BMP does include practically all languages used today.

The bottom line:

   Unicode Standard <> BMP only!

If you think that, then rather promote your application as a UCS-2
compliant application, not a Unicode compliant application.

I can't remember my exact use case at the time, but the code-points
I needed to work with (using a data dump text file) were outside
the BMP range. I had to use a Java based text editor to correctly
edit the files.

Also, as Mattias said, the Emoji's, Musical notes, Scientific symbols,
Map symbols etc all fall outside the BMP.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/