[Lazarus] Making sources compatible with Delphi (but Lazarus is priority)

Fri May 5 11:24:30 CEST 2017

On 2017-05-05 10:17, Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus wrote:
>> Something like:
>>
>>  sl.LoadFromFile('some_utf8_file.txt', CP_UTF8);
>>  sl.LoadFromFile('some_utf16_file.txt', CP_UTF16);
>>  sl.LoadFromFile('some_latin1_file.txt', CP_Latin1);
>
> Not yet. These are the exceptions I was talking about.

That also means FPC 3.0.x is then seriously flawed. It
supports Unicode, but it also doesn't support Unicode.

So what is the suggested work-around for FPC 3.0.2 to load
various text encoding files into a TStringList? Hopefully
the answer is not: "there is none"  :-/

Because that will seriously impair/break INI usage too. The
first example off the top of my head. XML and JSON probably
too.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/