[Lazarus] Menu editor unstable?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat May 6 21:26:38 CEST 2017

Hi,

The menu editor of lazarus trunk seems highly unstable.

I've had 10+ crashes of lazarus in the last 2 hours, all due to the menu editor.

The crash means that I get an access violation and I must actually kill lazarus,
because once I click away the access violation dialog, the lazarus windows
redraw, but respond to no other messages. The only thing that helps is a
KILL signal.

I have not exactly been able to reproduce reliably, but the following just triggered
it:
- Start IDE
- Open project
- Select a popup menu (there are several)
- Double click to edit
- Select menu item 1
- Immediatly select menu item 2.
-> crash.

But also simply selecting something in the menu editor, and going to the object
inspector can crash it.

As a result I find myself saving all files before entering the menu editor.
Not exactly ideal, to say the least.

Anyone else experiencing this ?

Latest Lazarus from SVN. GTK2, linux 64-bit.

Michael.