[Lazarus] Form resize to standard size in IDE.

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sun May 7 12:02:49 CEST 2017

Hi,

Another oddity in the IDE designer.

I have a form which contains some group boxes, radio buttons and a buttonpanel.
Bordertstyle is bsDialog. No special properties regarding autosize or
whatsoever have been set.

When I switch (using F12) between source and form, it *always* resizes to
some seemingly standard size and I need to fix the size.

The form just contains the following:
   Height = 279
   Top = 218
   Width = 443
   BorderStyle = bsDialog
   Caption = 'Resize Selected elements'
   ClientHeight = 279
   ClientWidth = 443
   Position = poOwnerFormCenter
   LCLVersion = '1.9.0.0'

I have attached it for reference.

I suspect the scaling and high-dpi is at work here: I have a dual-monitor system, with xinerama.
To test that hypothesis, I tried to set scaled to false, but it doesn't help.

Also:
When the form designer is active, and I press save, the form is marked 'dirty'
(i.e. not saved!)

Anything I can do to help to diagnose the issue ?

Michael.