[Lazarus] Menu editor unstable? - stack trace

Michael W. Vogel m-w-vogel at gmx.de
Mon May 8 20:43:05 CEST 2017

Am 08.05.2017 um 15:54 schrieb Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus:

> OK. It seems clear to me that something is being freed which should
> not yet be
> freed:
>
>>> WARNING: TShadowItem.Destroy with LCLRefCount>0. Hint: Maybe the
>>> component is processing an event?
>
> This indicates to me that an unforeseen order of events is happening ?
> As far as I know, there is a global call to free components once the
> message processing is finished ?
>
> Well, I hope you can reproduce it...

Sorry, I don't get it. After over two hours of testing with 64bit Linux
Mint 18.1 Cinnamon and Lazarus 1.9.0 r54833M FPC 3.0.2
x86_64-linux-gtk2, with new or saved projects, without or with
AnchorDockingDsgn / Sparta_DockedFormEditor, I'm not able to create a
crash.

I tried this steps and around:
- Open project
- Select a popup menu (there are several)
- Double click to edit
- Select menu item 1
- Immediatly select menu item 2

If you want, you can add a minimal example and explain every single step
again, what you do, to create a crash. Then, I'll test again, but for
now, I don't know what to do more.

What Lazarus revision are you using?
Do you have installed AnchorDockingDsgn, Sparta_DockedFormEditor or
something similar?

Kind regards

Michl