[Lazarus] Menu editor unstable? - stack trace

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue May 9 15:15:18 CEST 2017

>> - Open project
>> - Select a popup menu (there are several)
>> - Double click to edit
>> - Select menu item 1
>> - Immediatly select menu item 2
>
> Here, the crash happens when going to the object inspector.
>

>> If you want, you can add a minimal example and explain every single step
>> again, what you do, to create a crash. Then, I'll test again, but for
>> now, I don't know what to do more.
>
> I will try. I do use actions.
>
>> What Lazarus revision are you using?
>> Do you have installed AnchorDockingDsgn, Sparta_DockedFormEditor or
>> something similar?

Hi,

I manage to reliably reproduce it !

1 Open attached project.
2 Double click MainMenu1 to edit
3 Under MenuItem5, delete MenuItem14,13,12,11
   (I use the - button in the menu editor)
4 The last menu item under MenuItem5 is then 'Action3'
5 Add new menu item (I click 'add menu item' below the Action3 item)
6 Click on Action 3
7 Click on the newly added (in step 5) MenuItem11
--->> BOOM

Never fails.

The delete step 3 is important. Without that, I don't get a crash.
I then tested deleting a single item instead of 4 items as described above,
then I also get a crash. So as soon as a delete is performed - boom...

Michael.