[Lazarus] Menu editor unstable? - stack trace

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed May 10 00:06:35 CEST 2017

On Tue, 9 May 2017, Michael W. Vogel via Lazarus wrote:

> Am 09.05.2017 um 15:15 schrieb Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I manage to reliably reproduce it !
>>
>> 1 Open attached project.
>> 2 Double click MainMenu1 to edit
>> 3 Under MenuItem5, delete MenuItem14,13,12,11
>>   (I use the - button in the menu editor)
>> 4 The last menu item under MenuItem5 is then 'Action3'
>> 5 Add new menu item (I click 'add menu item' below the Action3 item)
>> 6 Click on Action 3
>> 7 Click on the newly added (in step 5) MenuItem11 --->> BOOM
>>
>> Never fails.
>>
>> The delete step 3 is important. Without that, I don't get a crash.
>> I then tested deleting a single item instead of 4 items as described
>> above,
>> then I also get a crash. So as soon as a delete is performed - boom...
>
> Thank you for your exact explanation and test project! But sorry again,
> again I don't get it.
>
> I have tested here:
> 64bit Linux Mint 18.1 Cinnamon, GTK2 version 2.24.30, Lazarus 1.9.0
> r54844 FPC 3.0.2 x86_64-linux-gtk2

This is the exact version I am using. (lazarus SVN version may differ, but
it is the day before yesterday's SVN version)

> Maybe it is a problem with your GTK2 version?
> Maybe it is a problem with your OS?

They are the same as yours.

> Maybe it was fixed in meantime?
> Maybe you have a broken installation of Lazarus?

Define broken ? It's a clean SVN update.

> Maybe it is a timing problem (as my development pc was out of order, I
> bought a relativ fast Core I5, so I'm not fast enough to click)?

Clicking speed has nothing to do with it.
I can wait a second, 2 seconds. Doesn't matter.

The only thing that matters is the delete.

I wish to point out that there is a LCL warning about freeing an item with
LCLCount>1, which clearly points at a logic error: something is probably
being freed twice.

> Maybe it is better to open a bugreport about that issue? Then we can
> better gather informations about it.

I will post the steps and project in the bugtracker.

Michael.