[Lazarus] Wiki page "Unicode Support in Lazarus" improved

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sat May 13 19:27:05 CEST 2017

On Sat, May 13, 2017 at 6:55 PM, Werner Pamler via Lazarus
> In section "Usage", "For string literals to work the source files must have
> UTF-8 encoding." - Add: "This is the default for source files written by
> Lazarus" - Otherwise people will begin to unnecessarily add these "$codepage
> utf8" directives.

Actually that was one more duplicate information and in a wrong place.
It is explained in "String Literals" section.
It is not part of simple rules because it happens automatically by default.
Thanks for noticing.
It appears to be more difficult to remove old text than to write new
text. Don't know why...

> In section "CodePoint functions for encoding agnostic code" I am missing
> information on how "ch" is to be declared (in my test: ch:char and ch:string
> are working; ch:widechar does not).

I added variable types to the example.
I plan to improve the codepoint section more.
I will replace the page UTF8_strings_and_characters with a similar
page that uses the LazUnicode encoding agnostic functions.
Then the whole thing will be as Delphi compatible as possible.

Juha