[Lazarus] A simple way to stop the never ending story of long executable?

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Sat May 20 14:04:51 CEST 2017

On 5/20/17, Giuliano Colla via Lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

>>> External debug symbols file?
>> No, please.
>
> Why?

1. I regularly deploy applications with debug info.
2. There are reports (or at least I remeber seeing them) that
antivirus programs tend to barf on external debug files.
3. Any serious developer should have a debug and release mode for
anything he releases, which would make the "why are my executales so
big" discussion a bit obsolete.
4. The "why are my executales so big" is in the FAQ, just refer people
to the FAQ, don't discuss with them.
5. I don't like it when you alter default settings for compilation/linking.
6. I don't like changes (unless introduced by me) in general.
7. I'm out of arguments right now.

Bart