[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.8 RC1 under Raspbian Jessie

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri May 26 13:02:12 CEST 2017

On Thu, 25 May 2017 18:46:43 +0200, Joe via Lazarus

>I am trying to test Lazarus 1.8 RC1 (and following versions) under
>Raspbian Jessie with PIXEL.
>But unfortunately I could not find any instructions or scripts helping
>to install *this* RC.
>Any hint?

You could try my script for installation of FPC + Lazarus on an RPi3.
http://blog.boberglund.com/install_lazfpc_local_pi.sh

In order to get the version you need just edit the script before
running it and replace the versions at the top of the file with the
one you want.
It will install into the pi user space rather than make a global
installation using sudo.

I have not tested with the more recent Lazarus 1.8, but it worked fine
with 1.6RCx and 1.6 release.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden