[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.8 RC1 under Raspbian Jessie

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue May 30 00:36:46 CEST 2017

On Sat, 27 May 2017 11:20:17 +0200, Joe via Lazarus

>Am 26.05.2017 um 13:02 schrieb Bo Berglund via Lazarus:
>> You could try my script for installation of FPC + Lazarus on an RPi3.
>> http://blog.boberglund.com/install_lazfpc_local_pi.sh
>>
>> In order to get the version you need just edit the script before
>> running it and replace the versions at the top of the file with the
>> one you want.
>Bo,
>unfortunately, this failed with error message something could not be
>found. Seems, I did not edit the script the right way.
>What lines are to be edited and exactly how for Lazarus 1.8.0 RC1?
>Thanx -- Joe

Hi again!
I have now returned home and been able to check the script.
I used a brand new Jessie PIXEL image and did this before starting the
script:
- Created dir /home/pi/bin where the fpc binary will reside
- Logged off and back on again to put this dir into the PATH

Turns out that the fpc sourceinstall command on line #150 fails
because there is no current path to the seed compiler ppcarm....
So I have added option FPC=<path to ppcarm> on that line and with that
done the script runs OK to the end and Lazarus is available on the
main Jessie menu below "Programming".

The corrected script is found here:
http://blog.boberglund.com/install_lazfpc_local_pi.sh

Regarding configuration, these lines need to be handled by editing the
versions mainly (lines #32 and #43-46):

LAZDESK=/home/pi/.local/share/applications/lazarus_1.6.2.desktop
FPCTAG=release_3_0_0
FPCVER=3.0.0
LAZTAG=lazarus_1_6_2
LAZVER=1.6.2

In your case change them to this:

LAZDESK=/home/pi/.local/share/applications/lazarus_1.8.RC1.desktop
FPCTAG=release_3_0_2
FPCVER=3.0.2
LAZTAG=lazarus_1_8_0_RC1
LAZVER=1.8.RC1