[Lazarus] Howto disable Lazarus IDE using a XFCE dark theme

R0b0t1 r030t1 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 19:32:18 CET 2017

Hello again,

lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>> New Linux Distro Manjaro-XFCE and i use a dark theme.
>>
>> But that dark theme is bad for Lazarus IDE.
>>
>> Can i change that as an option for compiling the IDE?
>>
>> With Debian KDE there was in KDE Settings an option to prevent gtk-Apps
using color-settings.

>> Perhaps an option in XFCE-Settings?
>>
>> I'll keep on googling ...
>>
>> Tipps are welcome!
>>

> Theming is typically handled by your toolkit. For GTK, you will need to
modify files in a location like "~/.themes" or "~/.gtkrc-2."

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GTK%2B#Configuration.

> Theming can also be handled by your application. The best support for
theming tends to be implemented in this way. Unfortunately from a user's
standpoint this means each program must be customized separately. On the
other hand, toolkit wide theming support tends to not be very good. Form
components (like a SynEdit) may be drawn with colors not taken from the
toolkit's configuration.

> Theming support for Lazarus might be a tall order but I think it would be
worth it. See Visual Studio's dark theme, for example.

> Cheers,
>     R0b0t1

Is http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/UserSuppliedSchemeSettings
insufficient in any way?