[Lazarus] register 3rd party help with the IDE

Sat Nov 11 10:15:02 CET 2017

Hi,

Years back I wrote a tiOPF class documentation help intergation package
for Lazarus. It could use local help (on your hard drive) or online help
for the tiOPF.lpk package. But then it worked perfectly.

The other day I tried it out again with Lazarus Trunk, but it doesn't
work. I tried to use the online help registration as follows:

  // for Online help files
   RegisterFPDocHTMLHelpForPackage('tiOPF2 Help','tiOPF2 Help Database',
               'http://geldenhuys.co.uk/tiopf/','tiOPF');

After I rebuild Lazarus IDE, the "tiOPF Help" appears in the help
database list, but no URL appears in the BaseURL setting, and Pressing
F1 on any code found in the tiOPF.lpk package doesn't work.

Any idea what I need to do to get the ide help integration working again?

The unit in question can be seen by following the URL below. By default
it uses local help on the hard drive, but I locally modified it to use
the Online help instead. But like I said, it doesn't seem to work any more.

https://github.com/graemeg/tiopf/blob/tiopf2/Compilers/FPC/pkghelpintegration.pas

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/