[Lazarus] Developing a WidgetSet

Lubos Pintes lubos.pintes at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 10:54:49 CET 2017

Hello again,
I am hunting for hard-to-find bug and have no idea where it happens.
Now I would like to ask about correct way of adding a new message into
the Win32WidgetSet. Chances are that I am doing it incorrectly. I need
to handle a WM_GETOBJECT message, and I did it as follows:

     WM_GETOBJECT: with WindowInfo^ do
       if(WinControl <> nil) and(LParam = UiaRootObjectId) then begin
         Provider := TUIAControl(WinControl.GetAccessibleObject.Handle);
         Exit(UiaReturnRawElementProvider(Window, WParam, LParam,
Provider));
       end
       else Exit(CallDefaultWindowProc(Window, Msg, WParam, LParam));

I added this into  TWindowProcHelper.DoWindowProc: LResult;
Provider is the IRawElementProviderSimple interface and TUIAControl is a
class implementing it based on information obtained from T(Win)Control.

I can confirm that Inspect can see the object(s). But one symptom I am
receiving that a screen reader is unable to register that a form
receives the focus. If I alt-tabbing, I hear "Project1", instead of "Form1".
But when I place for example a button to the form, it is reported
correctly. And when I place a TLabel on the form, I receive a bug I
described in another thread.

So now I stopped here and am unable to continue. I added a trace
information into every function I implemented to see what is happening,
but I have no idea what is bad there...
Hope someone will be able to understand this. :)
Thanks!

Dňa 8. 10. 2017 o 22:09 Lubos Pintes via Lazarus napísal(a):