[Lazarus] External/out-of-tree LCL widgetset

Mon Nov 27 19:59:11 CET 2017

On 2017-11-23 02:23, Kostas Michalopoulos via Lazarus wrote:
> My main motivation is wanting to get away from the modern madness of
> GTK3+/Qt5+/Wayland and all that stuff and their dependencies

Then my I suggest you take a look at the LCL-fpGUI widgetset. It has all
the basic components working (except for TLabel), and many of the other
Windows like API's and dialogs etc. It desperately needs a maintainer -
I don't have the time, and rather spend my time improving fpGUI
directly, than maintain a LCL widgetset.

Either way, it would save you a ton of time and effort - plus it will
check off some of your requirements like no large toolkit dependency
hell like GTK3 and QT introduces. Plus, everything is implemented in
Object Pascal.... LCL and fpGUI Toolkit.

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/