[Lazarus] Documentation in Lazarus

Wed Oct 4 01:03:52 CEST 2017

On 2017-10-03 23:06, Wolf via Lazarus wrote:
> As an editor, I'd prefer LibreOffice, since I am familiar with it. My
> experience with LaTeX is limited

Having extensive experience with both for many years I can say that with
some decent preparation work you can generate documents with LibreOffice
that rivals LaTeX output and layout. I have created such document
templates with OpenOffice a couple years back. I can search my hard
drives and see if I still have those around, if that might help.

I remember the OpenOffice organization had brilliant documentation and
guides in generating such document templates, but as the LibreOffice
project gain popularity the websites hosting the original OpenOffice
documents and guides disappeared one by one.

On a side note:
   OpenOffice (and I guess now LibreOffice) also have impressive
   mathematical formulae support. I wouldn’t instantly dismiss it.
   We used those in a prior company I worked for.

 > Have you any suggestions on which component to use?

 From what I’ve seen [2-3 years ago] there is none that really does a
good job.

Regards,
   Graeme