[Lazarus] Accessibility enhacement request Lazarus version 1.7

Mgr. Janusz Chmiel janusz.chmiel at volny.cz
Sat Oct 7 08:55:27 CEST 2017

I AM afraid, that to make Lazarus editor accessible, it would be
necessary to use UIautomation component as often as possible especially
while using various list items, The most important would be to make
accessible form designer. Very accessible IDE for visually impaired is
Eclipse, but making plugins for this environment which would use Lazarus
external components such as Lamw is also run on the long way and it is
not easy.
For example, Akelpad editor is fully accessible. Editbox can be used
perfectly with screen reader.
But I know, that standard Microsoft WIndows objects can not allow
developers to make some complex GUI. And it is The cause of
accessibility issues in general.

Lazarus is perfect tool, load very fast, is stable. This is The reason,
why I AM so sad, that the most important part of its GUI are not
accessible. Sure I know, that even commercial IDES have similar issues.
May be, that really, some student of informatic sciences would had to
get this task from his professor to redesign lazarus or to make The
series of Eclipse plugins.
Thank you very much for yours help and time.