[Lazarus] TMemDataset.Filename property in Lazarus

Sun Oct 8 23:12:30 CEST 2017

Hi,

Playing around with TMemDataset, I dropped it on a form, then clicked
"..." button of the FileName property in the Object Inspector. The file
dialog shows that I can select ANY file, so I selected a PNG file and
set Active = True. ;-) NO surprise, that didn't work as expected.
Incorrect data stream.

Clearly the TMemDataset expects a specific file format, so why doesn't
the File Open dialog list the file type and file extension that is expected.

Using Lazarus 1.9.0 r54792 FPC 3.0.2 x86_64-freebsd-gtk2

Regards,
   Graeme