[Lazarus] TBufDataset.Filename property in Object Inspector

Sun Oct 8 23:21:51 CEST 2017

Hi,

Following on from my previous TMemDataset.Filename issue. With
TBufDataset, there is no property editor associated with the FileName
property. Is this just an oversight or done for a specific reason?

An the same issue as with TMemDataset.Filename. Clearly it expects a
specific file format denoted with a specific file extension. I selected
one of Kylix 3's *.cds files...

   /home/graemeg/apps/kylix3/examples/delphi/db/fishfact/biolife.cds

and when I set Active = True, the TBufDataset gave an "unable to open
file" error - I assume what it really meant is that it doesn't know the
file stream format.

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/