[Lazarus] Lazarus is unable to find OleVariant when pressing Alt+Up

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 10 11:18:43 CEST 2017

Am 10.10.2017 11:07 schrieb "Lubos Pintes via Lazarus" <
lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org>:

> Hello,
> Nothing more to say, unit is compilable, but I cannot find the
OleVariant. I am trying to figure out how to work with it in FPC, so I
wanted to see the definitions etc.

OleVariant is a compiler internal type so there is no definition of it. It
is essentially a Variant that can only contain OLE-compatible data (e.g.
strings only as type BSTR). In addition to that it also supports dynamic
dispatch (though the normal Variant AFAIK supports that as well) which
allows to use it for late binding function calls in context of COM and OLE.

Regards,
Sven