[Lazarus] Packages and units with the same name

leledumbo leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id
Sun Oct 15 16:36:01 CEST 2017

> I know how it works in a single program, but I thought that using
> packages could be different... but not.

Packages is Lazarus concept, the compiler has no idea about it at all. What
Lazarus does with it is generate a unit with the same name as the .lpk
containing all units belonging to the package in its uses clause (with
additional Register procedure and initialization section containing
RegisterPackage call, purely for linking with the IDE), then feed the
compiler with it. The end result is no different than compiling the units
manually. In the end, when used by a program, it's the same combinations of
.o and .ppu pair that the compiler sees.

--
Sent from: http://free-pascal-lazarus.989080.n3.nabble.com/