[Lazarus] Rendering Issue Emoji for HTML List Items

R0b0t1 r030t1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 07:19:11 CEST 2017

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 2:48 PM, Juha Manninen via Lazarus
> On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 8:56 PM, R0b0t1 via Lazarus
> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>>
>> Is it not possible to bundle supported resources in the LCL? That seems
>> like the typical solution for Windows. On other OSes this is less proper,
>> but I have still seen it done.
>

> Excuse me?
> How could LCL bundle the fonts used by your OS?

It is not necessary to rely on only the system font collection, even
when using WinAPI forms:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.drawing.text.privatefontcollection.aspx.
Something similar is done in C++.

Admittedly there does seem to be some confusion about whether you can
make certain UI objects (non-GDI+, specifically) take on face of these
fonts, but I suspect you can, as it seems that there is a common
underlying graphics system that the old APIs use. Even if not it would
be possible to distribute an open font with Lazarus/the LCL and
install it when Lazarus/the LCL is installed.

R0b0t1.