[Lazarus] Rendering Issue Emoji for HTML List Items

R0b0t1 r030t1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 08:36:09 CEST 2017

On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 1:00 AM, Sven Barth via Lazarus
> Am 17.10.2017 07:19 schrieb "R0b0t1 via Lazarus"
> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org>:
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 2:48 PM, Juha Manninen via Lazarus
>> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

>> > Excuse me?
>> > How could LCL bundle the fonts used by your OS?
>> >

>> It is not necessary to rely on only the system font collection, even
>> when using WinAPI forms:
>>
>> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.drawing.text.privatefontcollection.aspx.
>> Something similar is done in C++.
>>
>> Admittedly there does seem to be some confusion about whether you can
>> make certain UI objects (non-GDI+, specifically) take on face of these
>> fonts, but I suspect you can, as it seems that there is a common
>> underlying graphics system that the old APIs use. Even if not it would
>> be possible to distribute an open font with Lazarus/the LCL and
>> install it when Lazarus/the LCL is installed.
>
> If anything that should be part of the application's setup, not of the
> application itself nor of the LCL.

Thank you for clarifying - I wasn't sure if the OP was also talking
about an issue with the code editor. However, I think inclusion of
fonts in the LCL might make sense if it is found that system fonts are
lacking for popular platforms.

The LCL is (to my knowledge) linked in to applications generated with
Lazarus and never installed separately. Some toolkits for other
languages, installed separately, ship with (optional) resource files.
Compiling in the resources to every program which uses the LCL is a
bit different, but the same principle.

R0b0t1.