[Lazarus] IPC: TSimpleIPC, ZeroMQ, nanomsg...

R0b0t1 r030t1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 05:23:59 CEST 2017

On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 3:38 PM, Marcos Douglas B. Santos via Lazarus
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if someone has already worked with Messages
> between different programs, made in different languages, with binds to
> work in FPC and Delphi 7.
>
> My main case is connect a old Delphi 7 program to have a
> "conversation" with others Exes, coded in FPC, locally.
>
> But in the future, I will need to send/receive messages through
> network, "talking" with Java and C# services.
>
> Some options that I have already seen:
> - ZeroMQ -> http://zeromq.org/
> - nanomsg -> http://nanomsg.org/
>
> I would like to use a "famous" library, which has good documentation
> with many binds, or to use the simpler one that allows me to use in
> all these languages above.
>
> What do you propose?

I have heard good reviews of ZeroMQ. If you do not actually need full
IPC services, then consider that it is not uncommon for developers to
roll their own socket/TCP based IPC. Another common variant is socket
IPC augmented with memory maps for large amounts of data.

R0b0t1.