[Lazarus] lazopenglcontext on Raspberry Pi?

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 04:03:34 CEST 2017

I've done a bit of work on Pi and OpenGL and thought I'd give you some
advice.

1) Pi only supports OpenGL ES contexts

2) Depending on your raspberry OS configuration, OpenGL ES might only be
supported when X window manager is not running.

2a) Raspbian defaults to allow OpenGL in with X window manager running, but
currently the actual driver does not function to the correct OpenGL ES
specifications under that situation.

For me personally, I configured Raspbian to use the correct OpenGL ES
specifications, and that means the driver will fail to create a GL context
if X windows is running. Don't ask me what the differences are, I really
don't want to bother researching it, but there are problems. I've posted
about it extensively on the Pi support forums and under Pi area of the new
SDL forum.