[Lazarus] Pascalscript / testers please

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Thu Oct 26 22:43:00 CEST 2017

On 26/10/2017 21:30, kapibara via Lazarus wrote:
> The testcase runs 100% fine under Linux Debian 9 - 64 bit. Even 64 bit
> constructors work now. This is very good news!
>
> A long time ago, FPC rev. 26683 broke pascalscript's 64 bit support
> for constructors so I didn't expect that to work. A while ago I was
> trying to fix it, after three days of looking I found the responsible
> version and lines of code and then had a discussion with Carlo Kok
> about it: https://github.com/remobjects/pascalscript/issues/154
>
> The code that needed fixing was written in assembler (pascalscripts
> x64.inc) which I don't understand, and Carlo didn't say he fixed it.
> So I'm curious who did, you or Carlo?

I submitted a pull request for the 64bit constructor earlier today.

Actually the asm code didn't need changes. The 2 issues where
- which register to use for what data.  Compile an fpc example with -al
and see what fpc uses. Then luckily all necessary changes existed in the
32 bit include, so I could copy it with minor changes.
- a wrong typecast of a 64 bit address to 32 bit.

I didnt know when this was changed in fpc, so the fix now breaks it for
older fpc  < 3.0