[Lazarus] Who is using Object Pascal in production?

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 15:54:16 CEST 2017

<lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org>:
> I would like to propose a discussion about "What is the relevance of
> Object Pascal nowadays".
> I don't want waste your time. I just want to know if we are growing
> and being more relevant or not.
>
> I use Object Pascal (mostly FPC, some old Delphi) in production to
> make real applications. But we are seeing more and more "new
> frameworks", "new technologies" and new languages that are become more
> relevant.

We use Object Pascal (FPC) to develop games, with my "Castle Game
Engine", as part of the "Cat-astrophe Games" studio. We make Android
and iOS games ("Escape from the Universe" is our main title now, with
iOS release hopefully in ~2 weeks), and we plan to release a Steam
game next year. So, both mobile and desktop.

Regards,
Michalis