[Lazarus] Who is using Object Pascal in production?

Leonardo M. Ramé l.rame at griensu.com
Fri Oct 27 15:59:08 CEST 2017

El 27/10/17 a las 09:26, Marcos Douglas B. Santos via Lazarus escribió:
> I would like to propose a discussion about "What is the relevance of
> Object Pascal nowadays".
> I don't want waste your time. I just want to know if we are growing
> and being more relevant or not.
>
> I use Object Pascal (mostly FPC, some old Delphi) in production to
> make real applications. But we are seeing more and more "new
> frameworks", "new technologies" and new languages that are become more
> relevant.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Marcos Douglas

I use exclusively for "real" applications, on every kind of projects,
desktop, command line tools, CGIs...

Some times I'm forced to use C/C++ toolkits (because there's no
alternative), some times Python (for interfacing Libreoffice UNO) or
HTML/CSS/JS for client side web, but apart from that, I always use
FPC/Lazarus for *real* apps.

Leonardo M. Ramé
Medical IT - Griensu S.A.
Av. Colón 636 - Piso 8 Of. A
X5000EPT -- Córdoba
Tel.: +54(351)4246924 +54(351)4247788 +54(351)4247979 int. 19
Cel.: +54 9 (011) 40871877