[Lazarus] Who is using Object Pascal in production?

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Oct 27 16:23:50 CEST 2017

On 27/10/2017 13:26, Marcos Douglas B. Santos via Lazarus wrote:
> I would like to propose a discussion about "What is the relevance of
> Object Pascal nowadays".
> I don't want waste your time. I just want to know if we are growing
> and being more relevant or not.
>
> I use Object Pascal (mostly FPC, some old Delphi) in production to
> make real applications. But we are seeing more and more "new
> frameworks", "new technologies" and new languages that are become more
> relevant.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Marcos Douglas

I use Delphi almost exclusively, and I write desktop programs (some
command-line stuff too).  The only exception is a small amount of Perl
where someone had already written some code, but even that is moving to
using FreeImage and NetCDF libraries with Delphi 2009 and a very little
Delphi 10.1 for 64-bit benefits.  My only Lazarus program has been a
digital clock for the Raspberry Pi.

Many of my users are still on VB6!

--
David