[Lazarus] Who is using Object Pascal in production?

Sat Oct 28 21:23:55 CEST 2017

On 2017-10-28 15:45, Marcos Douglas B. Santos via Lazarus wrote:
> As we can see, we can do everything with Object Pascal.
> Unfortunately, the market don't have the same vision.

To be honest, sometimes it is not enough just to be able to do
everything other languages do.

For example: With Java and Spring Boot I can implement a Enterprise
grade web application (that can scale over multiple servers etc) with
embedded web server, object persistence, high grade web security, MVC
based web UI all in about 5 minutes. Yes, it will be a simple Address
Book style application, but considering all the features that
application has - it's good damn impressive for 5 minutes of effort.

I can't see the above being possible with today's FPC and Lazarus.

My point is, it is often the speed at which you can develop projects
that makes a big difference - not just the ability of the language or IDE.

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/