[Lazarus] Who is using Object Pascal in production?

Marcos Douglas B. Santos md at delfire.net
Sun Oct 29 17:37:15 CET 2017

On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 2:24 PM, Giuliano Colla
<giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it> wrote:
> Il 28/10/2017 16:45, Marcos Douglas B. Santos via Lazarus ha scritto:
>
>> Do you have problems to find new Pascal programmers?
>
> Experienced Pascal programmers are hard to find here in Italy.
> But we've found that a good young programmer (usually trained in C) usually
> appreciates the beauty of Pascal language, becomes fond of it, and very
> quickly productive.
> As in any case a new programmer must be trained to get acquainted with
> company software practices, the extra time required to grasp the
> fundamentals of Pascal is almost negligible.

In fact, this is a good strategy. But makes me thinking if is
difficult to find C programmers as well.
The C language is old as Pascal. Why people continues learning C but not Pascal?

If Linux had been coded in Pascal, we might have a different history.  :)

Regards,
Marcos Douglas