[Lazarus] Who is using Object Pascal in production?

Carlos E. R. robin.listas at telefonica.net
Sun Oct 29 23:48:14 CET 2017

On Sunday, 2017-10-29 at 17:20 +0200, Juha Manninen via Lazarus wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 5:04 PM, Carlos E. R. via Lazarus <> wrote:
>> Well, I use Linux :-)
>
> I also use Linux and I have tested them, too.
>
>> Of course not all examples fail, and maybe some were corrected since I
>> tried.
>
> When did you try?

About a year ago or more.

>> Well, I can try, but I have no idea where/how to report bugs.
>
> You could for example list the broken examples here. That's what I
> asked earlier.

Sorry, I didn't see it. In this thread? I don't read all threads.

> I doubt you will do it. Clearly this is yet another rant without substance.
> First Samuel Herzog pulls a complaint from his hat. Then you repeat it
> without testing.

If you are really interested in me testing, I will test.
I know for sure that some samples did not work, but I did not take notes.

Ok, I look now, randomly, at "testapp.lpi". Build fails at:

testapp.pas(38,2) Fatal: Cannot open include file "platform.inc"

sources are old, so I refresh them. [...] I do, but the error remains.

Project is at:

/usr/share/fpcsrc/packages/fv/examples/testapp.lpi

Missing file does exist, at:

/usr/share/doc/packages/fpc/examples/fv/examples/platform.inc
/usr/share/fpcsrc/packages/fv/src/platform.inc

and I copied the tree to my home dir. I have not looked at what may be the
cause, but doing so may be offtopic for this thread. Maybe the paths are
broken because the project was copied to HOME. Maybe the project is not
intended for Linux, I don't know.

- --
Cheers,
        Carlos E. R.