[Lazarus] "Ambiguous unit found" message

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 14:59:15 CET 2017

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 11:17 AM, Juha Manninen via Lazarus

> I was surprised that Application.MessageBox and ShowMessage behaved the same.
> Many apps, including the IDE, use ShowMessage. I think its behavior
> should be improved. Anybody who wants the widgetset behavior can still
> use Application.MessageBox.

In the end, all these call Windows TaskDialog (IIRC).
This is the widgetset standard message box function for Windows.
And IMO ttherefore it should be the default "message box" for LCL (on
Windows, other WS should use the default implementation of their WS).

You can always use the CreateMessageDialog function, this will give
you a plain old TForm with your message and buttons.

PS. How does Delphi do with these kind of long messages?

Bart