[Lazarus] custom thread reading file does not respond properly

Andrea Mauri andrea.mauri.75 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 10:30:30 CEST 2017

Il 06/09/2017 19:45, Andrea Mauri ha scritto:

> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org <mailto:lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org>>:
>
>     Maybe your file is not suitable? I used a /var/log/messages.log file
>     from one of my Linux computers and with that I can reproduce it with
>     the given code.
>
>     Regards,
>     Sven
>

> They are plain text file. Attached one of them, I tested the application
> I reported on the forum with this one.

As far as I understood. This behaviour is quite unpredictable, the
thread seems to work properly or not with different solutions. Sometimes
it works on osx sometimes not.
I have to admit that I would prefer that it was a bug or an error in my
code.
Do you have any suggestion to improve my code (even with ifdef) in order
to be able to deploy an application that works on lin/win/osx?