[Lazarus] FPReport file names

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Wed Sep 13 18:23:38 CEST 2017

On 13.09.2017 12:28, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Sep 2017, Ondrej Pokorny via Lazarus wrote:

>>> This is demonstrably not correct.
>>>
>>> It is *Only* correct if there are not 2 namespaces with the same
>>> unit in
>>> your project.
>>>
>>> See my example program, it demonstrates exactly that.
>>
>> You didn't understand me. I was talking about a 3rd party library
>> package and not about your/my project.
>
> Yes. And the same is true for this package.

You can play this game forever...

>> Of course there can be collisions - if it happens you have to resolve
>> them with explicit namespaces.
>
> Making the whole point moot.

You can understand namespaces and subnamespaces as a concept for folder
structure within code.

Of course you can have every single file in root D:\ and use endless
CamelCase names:
D:\MyCompanyAccounting201705Report1.xls
D:\MyCompanyAccounting201705Report2.xls

or you can have a decent folder structure:
D:\MyCompany\Accounting\2017\05\Report1.xls
D:\MyCompany\Accounting\2017\05\Report2.xls

It's up to you.

The -NSxyz is then similar to "use path" concept. If you see advantages
in using folders you just have to admit there are also advantages when
using namespaces.

Ondrej