[Lazarus] [ANN] Xavier for XML — Compatible with FPC and Delphi

Marcos Douglas B. Santos md at delfire.net
Wed Sep 20 22:09:08 CEST 2017

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 4:31 PM, Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus

> On Wed, 20 Sep 2017, Marcos Douglas B. Santos via Lazarus wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm working in my new "pet project" called Xavier.
>> Xavier is an object-oriented library for work with XML.
>

> I don't understand the 'why' ? Should I understand that you consider the DOM
> units not object-oriented ?

Yes and no.

Michael, with all my respect, that depends of your view about Object thinking.
Yes, DOM uses classes and objects, but IMO Objects is more than that.
Objects are more close to Functional programming than most people think.
If can code classes but if you are implementing (all) in an imperative
way, I mean line by line telling the computer how to do something
instead of code what you just want, you may not are thinking in terms
of Objects. Your class, in these cases, is just a "bucket of data and
procedures".

In a perfect design, we may only connect all objects to work in a
"task", call "run", and "they" will know what to do.
They (Objects) will decide how to do. Not the programmer (the
"controller"). Just objects sending messages for each other.

Yeah, looks so philosophical... :)

I've been writing a blog about this for two years
http://objectpascalprogramming.com/

...and I use these same concepts in production code, of course.

Best regards,
Marcos Douglas