[Lazarus] [ANN] Xavier for XML — Compatible with FPC and Delphi

Marcos Douglas B. Santos md at delfire.net
Thu Sep 21 05:06:52 CEST 2017

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 7:33 PM, Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus

> [...]
>
> You should be programming Java:
> https://steve-yegge.blogspot.be/2006/03/execution-in-kingdom-of-nouns.html

Nah... most of them know nothing about true OOP.
They believe that an object is a "record" with getters and setters... anyway.

> I prefer imperative programming. (verbs, if you want). It comes more
> natural.
>
> Well, each his own style. But, if you allow me: the post on the lazarus
> forum and the Xavier page should really explain what you mean by OOP. I
> guess most people will be confused, as I am.

As you said, each his own style. What is more important is keeping
this excellent community united, around that great language called
Object Pascal.
And indeed is a good tip. I'll improve the README. Thank you.

> Thanks for explaining.

You're welcome.

Best regards,
Marcos Douglas