[Lazarus] [ANN] Xavier for XML — Compatible with FPC and Delphi

R0b0t1 r030t1 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 08:05:29 CEST 2017

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 5:33 PM, Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus

> On Wed, 20 Sep 2017, Marcos Douglas B. Santos via Lazarus wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 4:31 PM, Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus
>> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

>>> I don't understand the 'why' ? Should I understand that you consider the
>>> DOM
>>> units not object-oriented ?
>>

>> Yes and no.
>>
>> Michael, with all my respect, that depends of your view about Object
>> thinking.
>> Yes, DOM uses classes and objects, but IMO Objects is more than that.
>> Objects are more close to Functional programming than most people think.
>

> As I understand it, objects are exactly the opposite of functional
> programming,
> in that they encapsulate state, and functional programming wants to avoid
> state (variables, if you want).

You can think of an object's data as a monad's data, and the methods
in the objects in a hierarchy as the various monadic functions which
operate on that data.

In a typical functional language the monadic functions and their
arguments do not have any hierarchical relation.