[Lazarus] Encrypted connection between Lazarus and Firebird

Tony Whyman tony.whyman at mccallumwhyman.com
Wed Apr 11 17:39:44 CEST 2018

The first question is a Firebird question.

With Firebird 3, you can configure use of the Srp user authentication
module and "over-the-wire" encryption. This should give you an encrypted
connection between client and server. The settings for this are in the
"firebird.conf" config file.

This should work with all Lazarus database components that support the
use of a Firebird database (e.g. IBX).

As to the second question - I'll let someone else answer that one - but
the answer is probably similar.

Tony Whyman

MWA