[Lazarus] Encrypted connection between Lazarus and Firebird

Kamen Ketev kamenlist at abv.bg
Thu Apr 12 14:26:10 CEST 2018

Thanks, Anthony Walter and Tony Whyman.
Regards,
Kamen

The first question is a Firebird question.

With Firebird 3, you can configure use of the Srp user authentication module and "over-the-wire" encryption. This should give you an encrypted connection between client and server. The settings for this are in the "firebird.conf" config file.

This should work with all Lazarus database components that support the use of a Firebird database (e.g. IBX).

As to the second question - I'll let someone else answer that one - but the answer is probably similar.

Tony Whyman

MWA