[Lazarus] Cool IDE add-on idea

Santiago A. svaa at ciberpiula.net
Mon Apr 23 17:53:03 CEST 2018

El 14/04/2018 a las 17:47, Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus escribió:
> That's an excellent way to learn shortcuts - which ultimately should
> make you work faster (at least that is normally true for developers).

off-topic

http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1978942.1979351&coll=DL&dl=GUIDE&CFID=231586142&CFTOKEN=80641087

http://facweb.cs.depaul.edu/sjost/csc423/examples/anova/efficiency.pdf

These studies show that the most efficient is toolbar; second, keyboard
shortcuts; third, second level menu option. With the objection that
shortcuts needs a lot of practice to be better than menu.

Time ago I read that interviews to developers after tests show
consistently that shortcuts are faster, and clock consistently shows
that mouse is faster. The theory that explains this cognitive dissonance
is that while using shortcuts your brain works in the program and in
remembering shortcuts, but with mouse, you brains stops working to do
visual action. The feeling is that with shortcut your brain is always
humming, but with mouse you feel you have a lot of interruptions. But
the fact is that the time you spend thinking the combinations and typing
it is longer than moving the mouse.

Conclusion: Good toolbars and a few well known shortcuts.

--
Saludos

Santiago A.