[Lazarus] Cool IDE add-on idea

Santiago A. svaa at ciberpiula.net
Tue Apr 24 20:57:58 CEST 2018

El 23/04/2018 a las 17:53, Santiago A. via Lazarus escribió:
> Time ago I read that interviews to developers after tests show
> consistently that shortcuts are faster, and clock consistently shows
> that mouse is faster.

http://www.asktog.com/TOI/toi06KeyboardVMouse1.html

We’ve done a cool $50 million of R & D on the Apple Human Interface. We
discovered, among other things, two pertinent facts:

  * Test subjects consistently report that keyboarding is faster than
    mousing.
  * The stopwatch consistently proves mousing is faster than keyboarding.

This contradiction between user-experience and reality apparently forms
the basis for many user/developers’ belief that the keyboard is faster.

from
https://www.itworld.com/article/2826902/enterprise-software/7-days-using-only-keyboard-shortcuts--no-mouse--no-trackpad--no-problem-.html

"I watch numerous times a day as colleagues take their hands from the
keyboard, reach for the mouse, and either (1) click in the next field of
a form and recommence typing, or (2) click 'Submit.' It'd take a lot
more than $50 mil worth of research to convince me that (1) tab and (2)
enter are not faster. "

And a little more modern:

https://blog.codinghorror.com/revisiting-keyboard-vs-the-mouse-pt-1/

First, understand that this is a very old quote. In 1989 (apple quote),
the current desktop operating systems were Windows 2.0, DOS 4.0, and Mac
System 6. The "people new to the mouse"

-------
Well, this off- topic was a little tongue in tech in the cheek.
Nevertheless, I don't think memorizing a lot of shortcuts is always
superior to a toolbar click.

--
Saludos

Santiago A.