[Lazarus] new installation.

Larry Dalton larrydalton71 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 21:35:57 CEST 2018

I know I have had the solution to this problem the last time I did a new
installation, but I have lost the email.

I just did a new linux 18.3 installation on a desktop. I then downloaded a
new application of lazarus 1.8.2 debian and installed it.

The next step was to install my current self-defined packages, one of which
required me to install libxtst-dev, which I did with synaptic package
manager.

I then tried to rebuild the ide, and now when I try to open it the splash
screen comes up and then disappears, closing out the application.

I don't remember how I fixed it the last time. Help!