[Lazarus] Building a C (or possibly C++) program into a Lazarus app

leledumbo leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id
Sun Aug 12 21:57:53 CEST 2018

> what's the current situation and future plans of
> Lazarus as far as Android is concerned? I see mention of Laz4Android in
> e.g. http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Android_tutorial : is that
> mainstream or is there some other preferred solution?

Laz4Android is just a prepackaged Lazarus  + FPC + Android NDK. You can
create Android apps using Custom Drawn Interface, but it's very incomplete
and non-native. I don't see any better way than LAMW right now, at least
it's maintained, progressing, user requests are handled (quite fast), rather
complete (just look at the demos, I don't think you need more than already
provided components for most apps) and use native look and feel.

--
Sent from: http://free-pascal-lazarus.989080.n3.nabble.com/